Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
How in the world does a potato salad become fun? It is fun for various reasons, one because potatoes by their very unusual nature are fun. They grow away peacefully slumbering in the ground, not really caring or observant of the world above them. They are funny looking oval creatures that are dirty, grimy, and don't always smell that great upon harvest. But there is nothing better then digging potatoes, although back breaking at times, the happiness one can appreciate when finally touching the big vegetable waiting as a ripe egg under the deep dark earth, to delight your taste buds, and bring wonderful nourishment to your body and soul. And hey, this little recipe has no mayonnaise, no egg, but lots of flavor. Enjoy, and remember how the potato got its start. I use Italian Salad Dressing by Bev for my Italian Dressing. Oh my, but this is delicious!
- 1 lb small red potato, quartered (or white potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing (make your own or use bottled for ease)
- 1⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard (or Horseradish Mustard, I prefer but not necessary)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (looks pretty with specks)
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper, course grind
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 minute until tender.
- Add salad dressing, and mix lightly, let potatoes cool down, or cool in fridge until completely cooled.
- In a large bowl, add rest of ingredients and mix.
- After potatoes have cooled down, add potatoes and mix again, lightly.
- Chill, covered, 1 hour, (at least) almost better next day.
Really good! So easy to make and it just tastes so fresh. The mustard flavor came through loud and clear, so choose one you love. I used dijon and liked the tang. Made for Veg*n Swap #14.
a quick, delicious potato salad with no worries about mayo poisoning :) I loved it
Very tasty potato salad! I used regular potatoes and Zesty Italian dressing. Thanks Andi for a yummy salad!