1/2 Photos of Mustard of Fun Potato Salad from the Longmeadow Farm
1 hr 15 mins
Andi of Longmeadow Farm's Note:
How in the world does a potato salad become fun? It is fun for various reasons, one because potatoes by their very unusual nature are fun. They grow away peacefully slumbering in the ground, not really caring or observant of the world above them. They are funny looking oval creatures that are dirty, grimy, and don't always smell that great upon harvest. But there is nothing better then digging potatoes, although back breaking at times, the happiness one can appreciate when finally touching the big vegetable waiting as a ripe egg under the deep dark earth, to delight your taste buds, and bring wonderful nourishment to your body and soul. And hey, this little recipe has no mayonnaise, no egg, but lots of flavor. Enjoy, and remember how the potato got its start. I use Italian Salad Dressing by Bev for my Italian Dressing. Oh my, but this is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small red potato, quartered (or white potatoes)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (make your own or use bottled for ease)
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard (or Horseradish Mustard, I prefer but not necessary)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (looks pretty with specks)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, course grind
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling water for 15 minute until tender.
- 2Add salad dressing, and mix lightly, let potatoes cool down, or cool in fridge until completely cooled.
- 3In a large bowl, add rest of ingredients and mix.
- 4After potatoes have cooled down, add potatoes and mix again, lightly.
- 5Chill, covered, 1 hour, (at least) almost better next day.
Browse Our Top Northeastern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Northeastern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard of Fun Potato Salad from the Longmeadow Farm
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.4
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 460.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g