Prep 10 mins
Cook 48 mins
My Husband found this recipe. And are we all glad he did too! This is a tasty glaze that perks up boring chicken. I love molasses, it makes everything taste better.
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (breast, wings, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (use less for a more mild flavor)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together in a small bowl the molasses, mustard, vinegar, and hot sauce.
- Completely cover the chicken in mustard glaze mix.
- Place the chicken skin side down in a 10x15 inch baking pan.
- Pour remaining glaze over chicken.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken on top rack in oven for about 40 minute.
- Or until the juices run barely clear when you prick the chicken.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- And turn the broiler on high turn the chicken pieces over and baste the chicken with pan drippings.
- If there is a lot of pan drippings or fat that has been rendered out, spoon out some before broiling.
- To prevent flare ups.
- Broil, basting the chicken and rotating the pan for even browning.
- Until fully browned, and has a nice glossy look, about 8 minute.
- Drizzle any pan drippings left over the chicken before serving.