- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper (a few turns of a pepper mill)
- 10 ounces peanut oil or 10 ounces sunflower oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before beginning.
- Put the mustard, egg yolks, vinegar, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl.
- Place the bowl on a tea towel to stop it slipping.
- Using a wire whisk, beat in the oil a little at a time until you have incorporated it all.
- Once you have carefully added about the same volume of oil as the original mixture, you can increase the speed.