Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
Very tastey steak, nice served with fresh corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes.(Marinating time 4 hrs or overnight) From Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (Becel)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 lb boneless sirloin steaks or 3⁄4 lb flank steak
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and thyme.
- Trim as much fat as possible from steak.
- Place in shallow glass dish, just large enough to hold steak.
- Pour marinade over meat, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hour or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain meat.
- Place meat on broiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 13 to 17 minutes for medium doness, turning once.
- To serve slice beef thinly across the grain.
- Or BBQ over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side for rare.
Dorothy, this is an excellent marinade! I used rib eye steaks and marinaded them for at least 24 hours. Very nice flavor! I made exactly as indicated in the recipe and would not change a thing! Thank you for this wonderful recipe, Dorothy!