Recipe by LDSMom128
I found this in my Better Homes and Garden's cookbook and found that it was really simple and tasted so good! I've never broiled meat before, but will be trying it more in the future. It took only about 8 minutes for the chicken to cook! The recipe was actually for mustard-lemon chicken, but I only had limes, but will be making it with lemons next time.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into large size pieces
- 2 limes or 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon other deli-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn oven on the broil. Salt and Pepper the chicken. Lay the chicken pieces onto a baking sheet, sprayed with Pam spray.
- Remove the lime or lemon zest and juice them into a glass measuring cup. It should be about 1 tbsp juice. Add the rest of the ingredients, and stir well.
- Broil the chicken for about 7 minutes, turning at least once to get all sides cooked.
- Brush on the sauce and continue to broil for about 3-5 minutes. The chicken will be done when no longer pink and at least about 160*.
- Serve with steamed rice or roasted potatoes.