Recipe by Sonya01
Notes & tips: To serve 2: Double quantity of ingredients. In step 1, microwave rice on high (100%) for 5 minutes then on medium (50%) for 6 minutes. In step 2, cook lamb in batches. In step 3, simmer lamb for 5 to 6 minutes. To serve 4: Multiply quantity of ingredients by 4. Follow cooking method to serve 2, but microwave rice on high (100%) for 5 minutes then on medium (50%) for 7 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 20 g butter, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 4 (25 g) dried pitted dates, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon roasted hazelnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Make orange rice: Strain orange juice. Place orange rind, rice, stock, and 1/3 cup orange juice in a microwave-safe rice cooker or bowl. Cover with lid or 2 layers of plastic wrap. Microwave on high (100%) for 3 minutes, then on medium (50%) for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in dates. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes to absorb remaining liquid.
- Meanwhile, spread half the mustard over both sides of lamb. Coat both sides of lamb in flour. Heat butter and oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat until sizzling. Add lamb. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until light golden. Remove to a plate. Cover.
- Add stock and remaining mustard to pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture comes to the boil. Return lamb to pan and turn to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir chives and hazelnuts into rice mixture and season with salt and pepper. Spoon rice onto plate. Top with lamb. Spoon over sauce and serve.