Recipe by Latchy
This is a recipe that needs to be marinated for at least 2 hours or overnight. Its very tasty.
Top Review by Jen T
Easy tasty meal. Used boneless pork steaks which I marinated for 6hours. Added some potatoes to the veggie mix as hubby doesn't eat kumera! Served with some baby peas for colour contrast. :)
- 8 pork loin chops
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 kg kumara, chopped coarsely
- 240 g carrots, chopped coarsely
- 6 spring onions, chopped coarsely
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pork in a large shallow dish with honey, mustard, rind and wine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, or you could freeze it.
- Drain chops from marinade; reserve the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, cook the pork in batches brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, until browned both sides and cooked through.
- Discard and remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, combine melted butter, garlic, kumara, carrot and onion in large baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in a moderately hot oven for about 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with the pork.