Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Purchase herring fillets in wine sauce at a specialty shop or supermarket.
Make and share this Mustard Herring (Senapsill) recipe from Food.com.
- Drain herring; place in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolks, mustard, vinegar, salt, white pepper, and sugar.
- Use a whisk to gradually beat in oil until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Stir in dill.
- Pour over herring.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Note: Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.
Oh my goodness, I love this mustard herring. Delicious! So easy, too. Great flavor. Made for the Soup-A-Stars for ZWT9
So easy and so delicious. This was served as part of a Scandinavian buffet. The flavor was very good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.