Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
A fresh, spring dinner, utilizing some of my favourite seasonings. The combination of Dijon Mustard, chervil, tarragon, rosemary and chives blends beautifully. Serve with either baked potatoe, baked yam,your favourite rice, or just roasted vegetables. Suggested wines from the Niagara Peninsula - Konzelmann Pinot Blanc VQA is light, off-dry with a fresh, zesty fruity flavour of pear and tangerine. It is beautifully paired with spicy Asian dishes, shellfish and seasoned white meat. Or if you prefer, a Peninsula Ridge Chardonnay VQA with its French oak aging, this wine displays a balance between mature fruity acidity and rounded flavours of vanilla and butterscotch. Perfect with Chicken.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, with skin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup chopped chervil
- 3 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Pat dry chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add chicken breasts and brown on both sides.
- Place in baking dish, skin side up.
- Mix together, remaining ingredients and spread over chicken breasts.
- Place in oven and bake 20 minutes, or until cooked.