Flank steak is my favorite cut of steak; it is so versatile.
Make and share this Mustard Herb Flank Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard, grainy
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon mustard (or 1/4 cup regular mustard tsp dried tarragon)
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dry)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dry)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh sage (or 1/4 tsp dry)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- Combine mustards, olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, garlic, rosemary, oregano and sage in a bowl.
- Coat flank steak with mustard mixture and refrigerated, covered, for a couple of hours or overnight if you have the time.
- Remove steak for fridge 1 hour prior to grilling.
- Cook flank steak on preheated grill, 5 min per side or until preferred doneness.
- Cover loosely with folil and let stand for 5 min before slicing thinly across the grain.
We really enjoyed the mustard flavor of this dish...I made it as posted with the exception of cutting the recipe down....this is easy to prepare and really doesn't take a lot of time...thanks for posting this recipe...=)
I didn't have tarragon mustard so I used regular mustard with a little bit of dried tarragon. But like an other reviewer, I think I'll omit the regular mustard next time as it was too mustard for DH. For him, it was a 3 star and me a 5 star. I used fresh herbs. It gave a great taste to the steak. Thanks Deantini :) Made for 123 hit wonders
I loved the flavors of the herbs and mustard. My steak came out tender and juicy. I used all dried herbs and it was still fabulous. Made for ZWT #6 - Family Picks.