Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Oprah magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- Mix together lemon juice, Dijon mustard and spices in a bowl.
- Pour over chicken in a shallow baking dish and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator covered for 2–4 hours.
- Grill on BBQ or in oven on broil.
Love this chicken! We always add a bit of garlic and make for our grilled chicken ceasar salads.
Great easy marinade. The chicken came out very juicy and flavorful. I added 2 big cloves of minced garlic. Served with orzo, sauteed spinach and a salad.
This was a delicious recipe. I used fresh basil and had to use bottled lemon juice as my lemon had turned brown. I didn't care for the bottled lemon juice and I think I might play with this and use white wine. I also added garlic. It's full of flavor and so healthy. I made it on my indoor grill and it was very tender. Will go on the rotation, thanks for the recipe.