Recipe by Sherrie-pie
This dish is partially baked to ensure the chicken is cooked without burning. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable. Leith's Recipe of the day.
- 30 g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 8 chicken legs-thighs, skin on
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200c/400F/gas mark 6.
- Mix the butter, mustard, sugar, paprika and lemon juice. The mixture may look slightly curdled.
- Spread one side of each chicken piece with half the mixture. Place chicken pieces in roasting tin and season. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and spread again with the mustard mixture. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Preheat the grill.
- Gril until dark and crisp.
- Pour juice from the roasting tin over the chicken before serving.