Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple yet good.
- 1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 -2 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, plus
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Steam green beans for 6-8 minutes, or until tender.
- Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in mustard, salt , sugar (if using) and pepper. Add cooked green beans to skillet and toss to coat.
Found some beautiful green beans at the farmer's market that I couldn't pass up, and this was a very tasty way to show off their goodness. I cooked the green beans in the microwave until crisp-tender, then followed the rest of the recipe. Very enjoyable.
Used fresh green beans, steamed in my vegetable steamer for about 15 minutes and they were perfectly tender, but not mushy. Delicious piquant flavor and something very different for us. Loved it. Thanks Parsley :-)
Yum! A great change from my usual garlic/parmesan/lemon juice green beans. I used frozen beans and served them with ham (#103360) and applesauce.