Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (6 -7 lb) three-bone rib roast
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Make the rub: combine the mustard, shallots, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Using a rubber spatula or your hands, spread the rub all over the roast.
- Place in oven; cook for 20 minutes; then decrease oven temperature to 350°.
- Roast for another 40 minutes, and check with an instant-read meat thermometer.
- When internal temperature reaches 115°, the rib roast will be rare.
- Continue cooking if you like it more well done.
- Remove from oven; let rest for 5-10 minutes, loosely tented with foil, before removing the rib bone and slicing the meat into servings.