Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This delicious meal boasts low carbs and big flavour.
Make and share this Mustard-Glazed Lamb Sausage With Spaghetti Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 lamb sausages
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Season squash with salt and pepper, and place 2 garlic cloves in each half. Place in a microwave-safe dish cut-side up and cover with plastic wrap. Cook on high for about 15 minutes or until squash feels soft when pressed. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap, discard garlic and, working over a bowl, scrape squash crosswise with a fork to remove flesh from shell.
- Stir in butter, herbs and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add sausages and cook until golden on one side.
- Turn sausages over, place skillet in oven and continue cooking, turning occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Combine mustard and honey and drizzle over sausages. Continue cooking until golden and cooked through. Remove sausages from pan and slice diagonally.
- Divide lamb and squash equally on plates. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts before serving.