This delicious meal boasts low carbs and big flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 lamb sausages
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Season squash with salt and pepper, and place 2 garlic cloves in each half. Place in a microwave-safe dish cut-side up and cover with plastic wrap. Cook on high for about 15 minutes or until squash feels soft when pressed. Let rest 5 minutes.
- 3Remove plastic wrap, discard garlic and, working over a bowl, scrape squash crosswise with a fork to remove flesh from shell.
- 4Stir in butter, herbs and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Meanwhile, heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add sausages and cook until golden on one side.
- 6Turn sausages over, place skillet in oven and continue cooking, turning occasionally for 8 minutes.
- 7Combine mustard and honey and drizzle over sausages. Continue cooking until golden and cooked through. Remove sausages from pan and slice diagonally.
- 8Divide lamb and squash equally on plates. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts before serving.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard-Glazed Lamb Sausage With Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 58.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: