Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from Ricardo that I made tonight. I made it with tilapia and it tastes great.
- 44.37 ml honey
- 19.71 ml Dijon mustard
- 19.71 ml prepared mustard
- 4 white fish steaks, without skin, at least 1 inch thick (tilapia, cod, haddock)
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 29.58 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- With the rack on top of the oven, preheat oven to broil.
- In a bowl, mix honey and the 2 mustard. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet ovenproof, brown the fish steaks and the cut side of lemons in butter. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Baste the top of the fish steaks with the mustard mixture. Keep cooking until the broil 3 to 5 minutes, depending of the thickness of the fish. Serve with the grilled lemon, rice and vegetables.
I loved this recipe!! The technique of first pan-frying and then broiling was perfect. I used 4 tilapia filets. The honey mustard glaze is fabulous. I wasn't sure what was meant by prepared mustard, so used regular yellow mustard and it was great. The lemon flavor (I only used 1 lemon) flowed out of the lemons while cooking/broiling to give the fish even more flavor. I'm so glad I served this with rice as suggested, because the sauce was soooooooooo good over it. My DH thought the honey mustard flavor overpowered the taste of the fish a bit, but I thought it was perfect! (fyi for those who really want the fish flavor to stand out, maybe use a bit lesss sauce.) Thank you for posting this winner. Made for Please Review My Recipe in the cooking tag games forum.
Quick and easy to make, with big flavor! I don't have regular mustard so used all Dijon.