4 hrs 45 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
Nothing beats a fresh lean corned beef brisket that has been cooked long and slow to create a juicy, tender spiced meat, with a lovely glaze...mummmmm This dish is best when prepared two days before eating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 whole cloves
- 1Day 1- Marinate Marinate the brisket in an 8 quart pot with cold water, (cover beef completely),onions, bay leaves, salt, peppercorns, garlic and cloves (overnight).
- 2Day 2- Cook brisket, bring pot with brisket mixture to a roaring boil.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 4 hours.
- 4Remove corned beef from liquid.
- 5Discard cooking liquid.
- 6Let the beef cool, wrap in aluminium foil and chill overnight.
- 7Day 3- Prepare glaze In a small pan, combine corn syrup and mustard.
- 8Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- 9With wooden spoon stir constantly.
- 10Remove from heat and cool.
- 11Remove beef from fridge and unwrap.
- 12Trim and discard excess fat.
- 13Place beef on broiler pan.
- 14Brush beef all over with glaze.
- 15Place under broiler 5- 6" from heat.
- 16Broil beef 10 minutes, keep brushing on any extra glaze.
- 17Cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 18Slice thin.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard Glazed Corned Beef
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1210.4
- Calories from Fat 775
- Total Fat 86.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 444.2 mg
- Sodium 5194.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 82.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: