Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from Sunset Favorites II. This combines mustard which my daughter likes with a vegetable.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I love Dijon mustard with carrots so I knew this recipe would be great. The carrots were nicely tangy and not overly sweet. I used the fresh chopped parsley and next time I will use tarragon because I love that herb with carrots. Thanx for an easy and yummy carrot side dish!
- 2 lbs carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slanting slices
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine carrots and water in a 3 quart pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until crisp-tender.(about 10 minutes).
- Drain well.
- Stir in butter, mustard, and sugar.
- Cook, stirring, until carrots are glazed(1 to 2 minutes).
- Sprinkle with parsley.