Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have never been one for heavy sauces, so when it comes to vegetables, the simpler the better! I have been making these carrots for years, and they are so good that I always end up eating the leftovers for breakfast! I usually cut the recipe in half and that is sufficient for four people
- 1 lb carrot, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the carrots into slices. Cook in water for 6 - 8 minutes, depending on preference.
- Combine rest of ingredients (can be made ahead of time and set aside).
- Drain carrots; placing them back in pot to heat off the last of the water. Add ingredients and mix until butter is melted.
These were absolutely delicious, and will be an often side dish for me. I used the Spenda substitute and halved the brown sugar amount (as the package suggested). The mustard gave it just the "perk" it needed, without overwhelming it with mustard flavor. I prefer cooking my carrots (and I use the baby carrots) with salt, so I eliminate the extra salt later. Thanks, Abby, for a new favorite carrot recipe.