Recipe by Abby Girl
I have never been one for heavy sauces, so when it comes to vegetables, the simpler the better! I have been making these carrots for years, and they are so good that I always end up eating the leftovers for breakfast! I usually cut the recipe in half and that is sufficient for four people
Top Review by ~Bliss~
These were absolutely delicious, and will be an often side dish for me. I used the Spenda substitute and halved the brown sugar amount (as the package suggested). The mustard gave it just the "perk" it needed, without overwhelming it with mustard flavor. I prefer cooking my carrots (and I use the baby carrots) with salt, so I eliminate the extra salt later. Thanks, Abby, for a new favorite carrot recipe.
- 1 lb carrot, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the carrots into slices. Cook in water for 6 - 8 minutes, depending on preference.
- Combine rest of ingredients (can be made ahead of time and set aside).
- Drain carrots; placing them back in pot to heat off the last of the water. Add ingredients and mix until butter is melted.