1/1 Photo of Mustard Fruit Chutney
A spicy-sweet chutney, good with poultry. This can be put into sterilized 1/2 pint or pint jars, sealed with lids and rings, and processed in 10-minute water bath.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/3 cup dark seedless raisins
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Stir water into mustard in small cup.
- 2Combine the sugar and vinegar in a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil gently 10 minutes.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, including mustard mixture. Boil gently, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid evaporates and the fruit is tender, about 30 minutes.
- 4Cool completely.
- 5Refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 week.
- 6Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard Fruit Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g