Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is a perfect pairing with salmon. Scandinavians often pair salmon with dill and mustard sauce. I think they know what they're doing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (I like Hellmans)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard (use honey mustard if you like a touch of sweetness) or 1⁄2 cup honey mustard (use honey mustard if you like a touch of sweetness)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh dill, plus
- whole dill sprigs (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- Place all the ingredients in a nonreactive mixing bowl and whisk to mix. Taste for seasoning, adding lemon juice, salt, and pepper as necessary. Serve the sauce in a bowl or in individual ramekins, garnished with dill sprigs.
Aussie Swap#84: Outstanding recipe! We made this as a dipping sauce for meats cooked in our fondue pot and it was the perfect compliment!
Reviewed for ZWT9- delicious ! The perfect partner to grilled salmon. I used fresh dill from my herb garden and added some extra lemon juice to thin the consistency a little. A definite make again sauce for us. Photos also being posted
This was excellent - served with Simple and Healthy Poached Salmon. Used honey mustard. Made for ZWT9.