Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is great with cold vegetables, gravlax, cold meats and sandwiches. From Mark Bittman.
- 1⁄4 cup strong mustard (like English or Dijon mustard)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- extra virgin olive oil or heavy cream, as needed
- Put the mustard, sugar, salt, pepper, mayo and dill in a bowl and beat to blend.
- Add the oil or cream as needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate up to one day.