Recipe by Bertie Burroughes
This is an excellent sauce for salmon or similar fish but it can be used on vegetables too.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was a very nice sauce for our salmon fillet last night thanks Bertie. Very quick, easy and tasty. Watch the amount of dill (a very strong flavoured herb I think) if you're not as fond of it as me;-)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil white wine and shallots in heavy medium saucepan over high heat until liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add whipping cream and simmer until reduced by about 1/3- 2 or minutes.
- Add Dijon mustard and dill.
- Simmer 2 minutes to blend flavors.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.