Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from recipelink. Suppose to taste like the "Chicken Kitchen" sauce. Very flavorful. So simple to make. Great for dipping chicken,pork or whichever you like. Make it the night before wanting to use, so flavors can blend in.
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons water (less water, depending on how runny you want the sauce to be. Curry is to taste)
- Stir vigorously until water is well mixed into the mayo-mustard-curry mix.
- Add more or less water, depending on how "runny" you want the sauce to be.
- Can add or take away some curry as per your taste.
This is a VERY versatile/base recipe which can be adapted to several flavors and uses. I added heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, garlic/hot sauce, fresh parsley and a touch of sugar to serve this over sauteed scallops...totally delicious and I look forward to experimenting with the base recipe for a variety of sauces that embellish several meats/vegetables!
Very good mustard sauce. I used a little less than half the water requested by the recipe. Remember, since it has mayo, don't leave it out for too long. I made it as is. I think that I will try it next time with plain yogurt instead of mayo. I used a Jamaican curry.....the type of curry used coud really change the flavor.
Wow- this really works. I only had honey mustard and kicked up the curry a bit since I needed it in an hour, and it tastes just like the Chicken Kitchen sauce! Thanks so much.