1/1 Photo of Mustard-Crusted Tofu With Kale and Sweet Potato
kelly in TO's Note:
Bon Appétit | September 2007 Healthy healthy healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1/2 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
Kale and Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 bunch kale, stem cut from each leaf, leaves thinly sliced crosswise (about 8 cups)
- 1 small red-skinned sweet potato, peeled, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise (yam, about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1Cut tofu into eight 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange on paper towels; drain 10 minutes. Spread both sides of each slice with mustard.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and ginger; sauté 1 minute. Add kale, sweet potato, and lime juice. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until potato is tender and kale is wilted, about 12 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in another large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu; cover and cook until heated through and crisp, about 2 minutes per side (some mustard seeds may fall off tofu).
- 4Arrange kale and sweet potato mixture on plate. Overlap tofu slices atop vegetables and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard-Crusted Tofu With Kale and Sweet Potato
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.2
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 402.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 11.7 g