Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A flavour packed roast potato recipe which results in crisp and crunchy little new potatoes with caramelised shallots in a wholegrain mustard crust. Wonderful for dinner parties as well as BBQ's. These are SO easy to prepare, no peeling required and they can be prepared ahead of time; just let them sit in the mustard and oil marinade until they need to be roasted..
- 500 g new potatoes, halved with skin left on
- 3 pink shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Par-boil the potatoes for 3 to 5 minutes and then drain well.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl with the oil, mustard, salt, pepper, shallots and garlic and mix well.
- Toss the potatoes well so they are all evenly coated with the seasonings, oil and mustard.
- Transfer them to a roasting tray and roast them in the pre-heated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until the mustard forms a golden crust and the potatoes are crisp and cooked.
- Gently toss them in the tin before serving hot with chicken, sausages, roasts, stews or with burgers and pies.
I needed a quick and easy dish for new potatoes and to go with some burgers. I used olive oil, dijon, garlic, pink sea salt and pepper. I did not par boil them, small and garden fresh, cooked in the time given. They were delicious. this is going to appear alot on our table in new potatoe season! Thanks for sharing.
Only thing I didn't like was that the potatoes came out of the oven looking rather dry, so I simply sprayed them with a little spray oil from a bottle. Very much loved. Thank you!
Very good. Had to use purple onion in place of shallot and Dijon in place of the grainy mustard because neither of which I can find here. Thank you for the recipe!