Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A family favorite! Use fresh breadcrumbs only for this, and the amounts can be cut in half for 4 porkchops. The garlic powder or fresh garlic can be omited if desired. I sprinkle powdered meat tenderizer on my chops, cover and refrigerate about 4-5 hours before using for this recipe (or any pork chop recipe) you can do this up to 24 hours in advance even... your chops with be melt in your mouth tender!
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or use 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 6 tablespoons favorite prepared mustard (I use honey mustard for this)
- 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 7 -8 center-cut pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- seasoning salt
- pepper (can use regular table salt in place of seasoning salt)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix together melted butter, chopped parsley, garlic powder or fresh minced garlic and 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) prepared mustard; mix in fresh breadcrumbs.
- Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons mustard on both sides of pork chops (if desired you can slightly more than 2 tablespoons to spread on the chops) then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in roasting pan.
- Press about 1/4-cup of the breadcrumb mixture on top of each chop.
- Bake pork chops until cooked through (about 30-35 minutes).
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil the pork chops (crust side-up) until golden brown, about 2 minutes (watch closely, they will burn easily!).
- Serve immediately.
By far the best pork chops I have ever had. This works great with chicken too. Also, if you can, use fresh parsley and not dried. It makes a world of difference! If you want to kick it up a little and skip the diet for a day, make with a Dijon mushroom cream sauce to drizzle over top.
I came across your receipt while searching for a new idea for pork chops. Wow...was i amazed! awesome-very tender and lots of flavor! I improvised your receipt in a couple of ways. I did not have bread crumbs...but i did have a bag of tostitos! i put them in a plastic bag and smashed them up to a crumbly size. I used spicy honey mustard which gave it a great flavor. I have been a proud owner of a NuWave oven for a couple of months now. I try to cook everything in the NuWave. I covered the pork chops with the mustard on both sides and cooked them in my NuWave for 7 minutes. I turned them over and put the tostitos mix on top of each chop. I cooked another 7-9 minutes. The topping got toasty brown and crunchy...and the pork chops were moist and juicy. I love my NuWave...my teenage son said "wow mom, that smells great" and he loved eating it! I had a NEW great tasting meal in less than 30 minutes! Thanks for the inspiration!!
This is such a wonderful recipe. It is so easy to prepare. I loved the crunch. It is a keeper at my house. Thank you for sharing this great recipe.