A family favorite! Use fresh breadcrumbs only for this, and the amounts can be cut in half for 4 porkchops. The garlic powder or fresh garlic can be omited if desired. I sprinkle powdered meat tenderizer on my chops, cover and refrigerate about 4-5 hours before using for this recipe (or any pork chop recipe) you can do this up to 24 hours in advance even... your chops with be melt in your mouth tender!
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or use 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 6 tablespoons favorite prepared mustard (I use honey mustard for this)
- 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 7 -8 center-cut pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- seasoning salt
- pepper (can use regular table salt in place of seasoning salt)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix together melted butter, chopped parsley, garlic powder or fresh minced garlic and 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) prepared mustard; mix in fresh breadcrumbs.
- Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons mustard on both sides of pork chops (if desired you can slightly more than 2 tablespoons to spread on the chops) then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in roasting pan.
- Press about 1/4-cup of the breadcrumb mixture on top of each chop.
- Bake pork chops until cooked through (about 30-35 minutes).
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil the pork chops (crust side-up) until golden brown, about 2 minutes (watch closely, they will burn easily!).
- Serve immediately.