You can find a video on how to make this at www.Digitalcookbook.tv Chef Chris Koch Brings you a way to dress up that less flavorful cut of meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Heat the oil in a large pan, just enough to coat, on medium-high until barely smoking.
- 3Sprinkle the filets with salt and pepper, pat into steak.
- 4Brown well on both sides (about 3 mins).
- 5Meanwhile, mix together last five ingredients, and divide over the tops of the filets.
- 6If possible, Put skillet directly into oven, if not oven safe remove from the pan; blot the bottom of the meat dry with paper towels and place the filets in a baking pan.
- 7Bake for about 7 minutes for medium rare, or as desired.
- 8Let rest for 5 minutes, serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard-Crusted Filet Mignon
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.2
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.0 mg
- Sodium 291.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper