1/1 Photo of Mustard-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
This tenderloin has a very nice crust on it. Some minced garlic in the mustard mixture adds a nice kick. I have also used the same mustard crust on a pork tenderloin, and that works very well too. Can be served cut into thin strips and served over a spinach salad with a vinegar based dressing in the summertime. This is adapted from Gourmet magazine, August 2000.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2Stir together mustards, brown sugar, pepper, salt and lemon zest.
- 3Pat beef dry and season generously with salt. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat until just beginning to smoke, then brown beef on all sides.
- 4Transfer to an oiled shallow baking pan and coat with mustard mixture.
- 5Roast beef in middle of oven until a thermometer inserted 2 inches into thickest part of meat registers 125°F for medium-rare, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Transfer to a cutting board and let stand until cool, at least 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.0
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 136.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 42.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard