Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
No barbecue sauce on these ribs but you'll still need the napkins!
- 5 lbs beef ribs
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper. Place on a greased rack on a roasting pan and bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Turn the ribs and bake at 300 degrees for 30 more minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees.
- Mix Dijon mustard and wine in a small bowl. Coat the ribs with this mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour.
- Saute the onions in the butter in a small saucepan until onions are translucent.
- Add the flour and stir until combined.
- Stir in the broth and the beef granules. Simmer until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add the whipping cream and mix well. Simmer just until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Spoon sauce over ribs to serve.
This was really good, and made enough to feed an army! The sauce came out a bit thick for our tastes, I'll probably use a little less flour next time. I added some extra beef stock, but it was still thick. The flavor was excellent and the ribs came out so good. The whole house smelled great, too!