Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These croutons are brilliant sprinkled over gratins and salads, also soups and panzanella salad. From Chef Yotam Ottolenghi and posted in The Guardian
- Heat the oven to 350*F(180C).
- . Put the butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat. When it starts to foam, whisk in the mustard, herbs and a quarter-teaspoon of salt, take off the heat, leave for a couple of minutes to cool slightly, then stir in the ciabatta.
- Spread out on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes, until crisp.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
Made for PRMR! This is a very good crouton! We enjoyed them in our chopped salad tonight. I will make more and save until needed! Thanks