Recipe by Sharon123
These croutons are brilliant sprinkled over gratins and salads, also soups and panzanella salad. From Chef Yotam Ottolenghi and posted in The Guardian
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter (90g) or 1⁄4 lb margarine (90g)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (or 2 tbls. Dijon and 1 tbls. creole mustard)
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 lb crustless ciabatta, torn into 1/2-inch pieces (or other bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350*F(180C).
- . Put the butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat. When it starts to foam, whisk in the mustard, herbs and a quarter-teaspoon of salt, take off the heat, leave for a couple of minutes to cool slightly, then stir in the ciabatta.
- Spread out on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes, until crisp.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.