Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for low carb dieters! This is also a very tasty gravy with veal steaks.
- pan dripping, from any steak cut (4 steaks)
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Blend vermouth, mustard and thyme in a small saucepan.
- Heat to simmering.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes (this is a good time to prepare your steak).
- Set steaks aside and remove pan drippings from skillet or broiler plate (take as little standing oil as possible, you are just capturing the meat flavor), and add to wine mixture and return to high heat.
- Add butter and cream and boil rapidly until mustard gravy is thick and golden, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; transfer to gravy boat or pour over sliced meat.