Recipe by Bergy
This recipe was in BC Women's magazine several years ago and we love it. The mustard gives it a bit of tang combined with the slight sweetness of the cranberries.If you wish this dish can be made ahead, cover with foil and heat in a 350 oven for 20 min just before serving. March 09I have modified this recipe to cut back on the sauce. I mixed the dijon mustard with 1/4 cup wine, poured it into the skillet 4 minutes before serving and then added the cranberries. It was thick enough with out any cornstarch. Sprinkled green onions on top
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (Dried sweetened cranberries)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (Green part only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken breasts lenghtwise into 1" strips.
- Lightly toss chicken pieces with flour.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt& pepper.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the chicken and cook about 2 minutes, turning once until the chicken is golden brown on each side and cooked through.
- Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Add wine, mustard,and chicken broth to the pan and scrape up all the brown bits.
- Combine water and cornstarch mix until smooth.
- Add cornstarch to the fry pan, stirring until mixed inches.
- Add cranberries, boil 1-2 min until thickened.
- Stir in green onion tops and cook 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.