Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You must use French’s yellow mustard
Make and share this Mustard Cole Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (4 lb) cabbage
- 1 large green bell pepper, very finely minced
- 2 medium onions, very finely minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, shredded, and finely minced
- 4 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 -4 ounces french's yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Frank's red hot sauce (or to taste)
- Core the cabbage; cut cabbage into broad, round slices (about 1/3 inch thick); then chop crosswise so that you end up with a pile of chopped cabbage.
- Place the chopped cabbage in a large bowl and add the bell pepper, onions, carrots, celery seeds, salt, and pepper.
- Toss everything with the lemon juice and set aside.
- Add the mustard to another bowl; blend in the sugar and vinegar.
- Add the mustard mixture to the cabbage mixture; toss to blend well.
- Add the hot sauce to taste; adjust seasoning.
- Serve right away or store in the refrigerator for as long as a week.