You must use French’s yellow mustard
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) cabbage
- 1 large green bell pepper, very finely minced
- 2 medium onions, very finely minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, shredded, and finely minced
- 4 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 -4 ounces french's yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Frank's red hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1Core the cabbage; cut cabbage into broad, round slices (about 1/3 inch thick); then chop crosswise so that you end up with a pile of chopped cabbage.
- 2Place the chopped cabbage in a large bowl and add the bell pepper, onions, carrots, celery seeds, salt, and pepper.
- 3Toss everything with the lemon juice and set aside.
- 4Add the mustard to another bowl; blend in the sugar and vinegar.
- 5Add the mustard mixture to the cabbage mixture; toss to blend well.
- 6Add the hot sauce to taste; adjust seasoning.
- 7Serve right away or store in the refrigerator for as long as a week.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1204.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 64.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g