Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another French classic! This is one of my favorite chicken recipes and it is quite easy to make. I usually serve it with pan fried potato cubes.
- Rub each chicken piece with 2 tbsp of mustard.
- Heat some oil in a crock pot (I use Le creuset cocotte).
- Put the chicken pieces in the crock pot (2 or 3 at a time) and turn the pieces.
- Remove the chicken pieces when they reach a golden brown color on all the sides, then brown the next batch of chicken.
- Be careful not to burn the mustard.
- When all the chicken pieces have been browned, put the sliced onion in the pot for about 5-10 min to brown.
- Then put all the chicken pieces back into the crock pot and add enough water to just cover the pieces. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover and let it simmer for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked (the juices run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork or knife).
- Season to taste.
- Mix the 1/2 cup mustard and 1/2 cup of cream together and add to the sauce.
- Stir well and serve.