Another French classic! This is one of my favorite chicken recipes and it is quite easy to make. I usually serve it with pan fried potato cubes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub each chicken piece with 2 tbsp of mustard.
- 2Heat some oil in a crock pot (I use Le creuset cocotte).
- 3Put the chicken pieces in the crock pot (2 or 3 at a time) and turn the pieces.
- 4Remove the chicken pieces when they reach a golden brown color on all the sides, then brown the next batch of chicken.
- 5Be careful not to burn the mustard.
- 6When all the chicken pieces have been browned, put the sliced onion in the pot for about 5-10 min to brown.
- 7Then put all the chicken pieces back into the crock pot and add enough water to just cover the pieces. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to medium.
- 8Cover and let it simmer for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked (the juices run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork or knife).
- 9Season to taste.
- 10Mix the 1/2 cup mustard and 1/2 cup of cream together and add to the sauce.
- 11Stir well and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard Chicken Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.4
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 171.7 mg
- Sodium 588.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 32.9 g