1/1 Photo of Mustard Chicken and Bell Pepper Kabobs
5 hrs 12 mins
Plan ahead the chicken needs to marinade for a minimum of 5 hours. Instead of cutting the chicken into large cubes you can slice the breast into three long pieces and thread on the skewers. If you are using wooden skewers make certain to soak them in water for 30 minutes before using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (can use more, or use white salt)
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 6 boneless chicken breasts (cut into about 1-1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 1In a large bowl mix together the Dijon mustard, sour cream, garlic, horseradish, honey, seasoned salt, pepper and chili flakes; remove about 3/4 cup and chill the remaining mustard mixture for 5 hours.
- 2In a large glass bowl toss the chicken cubes with the 3/4 cup mixture; cover and chill for 5 hours.
- 3Remove the chicken and discard the marinade.
- 4Thread the chicken on skewers alternating with the red bell pepper.
- 5Grill covered over medium heat (350-400°F) for about 12 minutes or until done.
- 6Serve with remaining mustard/sour cream sauce.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard Chicken and Bell Pepper Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.6
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 364.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 49.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: