Recipe by English_Rose
Hot and creamy: strips of chicken coated with garlic, in a cream sauce piquantly flavored with mustard. Coarse grain mustard gives an interesting texture to this dish but if you prefer a smooth sauce, use Dijon mustard. Do not let the sauce boil once you have added the mustard or it may taste bitter.
Top Review by vrvrvr
This is a fast and delicious recipe that everyone enjoyed. I added the garlic at the end of sauteing the chicken so that the garlic wouldn't burn. Now, this dish is really creamy. Next time I will use half cream and half chicken stock (maybe with a little white wine, too) to cut the richness. I still give high marks for how easy this dish is, with winning results. Thanks for a good one!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut diagonally into 1in strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot. Add the chicken strips and garlic, in batches if necessary and cook over a moderate heat, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, lift the chicken and garlic out of the frying pan and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix a little of the cream with the flour to make a smooth paste, then mix in the remaining cream.
- Lower the heat and pour the cream into the pan. Cook gently for 2 mins, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the mustard and heat through gently then season with salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pan, coat with the sauce and cook gently for a few mins more until the chicken is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve hot.