Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These little gems are great as a snack or served with your favourite bowl of soup.
- 8 slices French bread
- 4 tablespoons mustard (I like Colman's English mustard)
- 4 ounces gruyere or 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Heat up a toaster oven or the grill on your main oven.
- Toast the bread on one side, spread mustard over the untoasted sides and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Grill until the cheese is melted and golden.
- This usually only takes a couple minutes.
I feel like I have found a real treasure, here. I used Swiss Cheese and a spicy mustard. The taste was out of this world. This was so simple to make. I agree with you. It goes well with soup or just by itself for a quick snack. Thank you, Sackville Girl.
Delicious and simple.
I'll vouch for this recipe! Cheese on toast is a great easy standby for a light supper type meal andgo down well with everyone.