- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and julienned (about 3 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cup or bowl, stir together the vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, salt and dill. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, dry-roast the mustard seeds for about 30 seconds, until they are browned and popping.
- Add the vinegar mixture and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the carrot sticks, cover, lower the heat, and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir frequently during the last few minutes of cooking.
- The finished carrots will be slightly caramelized. Serve hot.