Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Moosewood Low Fat Favorites
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and julienned (about 3 cups)
- In a cup or bowl, stir together the vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, salt and dill. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, dry-roast the mustard seeds for about 30 seconds, until they are browned and popping.
- Add the vinegar mixture and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the carrot sticks, cover, lower the heat, and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir frequently during the last few minutes of cooking.
- The finished carrots will be slightly caramelized. Serve hot.
These carrots are delicious! I'm from India, so I'm always partial to Indian flavorings (like mustard seeds). However, this dish could be served with almost any cuisine. Health and tasty!