Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This warm sauce goes wonderfully well over bratwurst, kielbasa, smoked sausage, grilled salmon, steamed broccoli, or even plain old hot dogs.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder or 1 bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a pan over medium heat, mix together water, bouillon, oil, mustard, honey, wine, lemon juice, green onions, and capers.
- Whisk together well and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, letting it reduce a bit.
- Mix together the corn starch and cold water, making sure it's not lumpy, and gradually add to the pan while stirring continuously.
- Let everything simmer together for another 5-7 minutes or to desired consistency, then serve immediately.
- Serve over sausages, salmon, or vegetables.
Delicious, very easy to make and turned our honey chicken sausages into a really tasty dish. Thanks Julesong for recommending this recipe, I will make it often and keep that husband of yours in the kitchen, he's doing a great job creating recipes!
I make this sauce and cook German sausages with it. It tastes really good and goes really well with sausages.