Recipe by English_Rose
Add a touch of luxury to grilled meats or fish with this simple recipe for a rich mustard sauce. Especially good with steak.
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white wine
- 2 shallots, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 3 1⁄2 ounces chilled unsalted butter, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the vinegar, wine and chopped shallot in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until reduced to a syrup.
- Stir in the cream and cook until reduced a little more.
- Add in the diced butter, whisking until amalgamated. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper, mix in the mustard, pass through a fine sieve and serve at once.