Recipe by huneybee327
This is a wonderful chicken recipe. It calls for all fresh herbs, but I often use the dried ones. I just use a little less. I love it with brown rice with cranberries and a salad.
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
What a terrific recipe! This chicken is just wonderful, the flavor (and the aroma in the house) is just mouth-watering. This is a definate keeper of a recipe that I will make again and again. Thanks for sharing! Made for Pick-A-Chef Spring 2011.
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut up into pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme, minced
- 3 teaspoons marjoram, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together - 1 T oil, 1T thyme, 1-1/2 t marjoram, 1-12 dry mustard. Rub on chicken pieces. Refrigerate chicken for 2 hours to overnight.
- Salt and pepper chicken. Heat oil and brown chicken. Transfer to bowl. Saute onion until tender, add garlic(2min). Add wine, broth, dijon, 1T thyme, 1-1/2 marjoram, and 1/2t rosemary. Bring to boil. Return chicken to pot. Cover and simmer about 45 minutes or until done. Remove and simmer sauce until thickened. Serve over chicken.