Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from "How To Grill" by Steven Raichlen. We like it on pulled pork. If you like a mustard based sauce you need to try this one.
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 slice bacon, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- salt and pepper
- toast mustard seeds in pan over medium heat 2-3 minutes, transfer to small bowl to cool.
- add butter, bacon and onion to pan and cook over medium heat until lightly brown, 3-4 minutes.
- stir in the dijon mustard, brown sugar, molasses and half of the toasted mustard seeds and gradually bring to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer until thick and flavored, about 5 minutes.
- add salt and plenty of pepper.
- store rest of mustard seeds to sprinkle over sauce just before serving.
- serve with pork, chicken, ham steak, and grilled sausage. Use splenda for sugar free.