mr gene's Note:
This recipe came from "How To Grill" by Steven Raichlen. We like it on pulled pork. If you like a mustard based sauce you need to try this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1toast mustard seeds in pan over medium heat 2-3 minutes, transfer to small bowl to cool.
- 2add butter, bacon and onion to pan and cook over medium heat until lightly brown, 3-4 minutes.
- 3stir in the dijon mustard, brown sugar, molasses and half of the toasted mustard seeds and gradually bring to a boil.
- 4reduce heat and simmer until thick and flavored, about 5 minutes.
- 5add salt and plenty of pepper.
- 6store rest of mustard seeds to sprinkle over sauce just before serving.
- 7serve with pork, chicken, ham steak, and grilled sausage. Use splenda for sugar free.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 84.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g