Top Review by Chef Booshman
I can't believe this recipe is 10 years on the Zaar and no one has written a review. This dish was out of this world. Loved every bite. I was looking for a salmon dish. The Zaar had over 3500 different ones. After sorting through the best rated, I realized they all had sugary, fruity, or soy sauce based flavors. n This one had neither. Didn't even have cheese! I resisted the temptation of adding salt and pepper and decided to prepare "As Is". No regrets. Did I mention that it tasted out of this world? I used a 1-1/4 lb fillet. It was too big to fit in a 13X9 dish. I used the next size up and it barely fit. The breadcrumb mix was like putty but was more than enough to make the crust. (A fish Wellington?) The sauce made the dish. The sauce is a recipe by itself. Worthy of gracing my Corned Beef for St. Paddy's Day Dinner! But it was an awful lot. I would cut the recipe back to 1/4 the size for my next go round. Have no idea what pommery mustard is. I used 3 tablespoons yellow mustard (French's) and a couple of heavy tspns of Dijon. Outstanding recipe!! Will make again, and often.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, Grated
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, Fresh
MUSTARD SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1⁄3 cup pommery mustard
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in bowl: Lemon juice, lemon rind and both mustards.
- Slowly pour in oil and blend until medium-thick sauce forms.
- Add breadcrumbs. (Can be made 1 day ahead and chilled).
- Preheat oven to 375 (F) degrees.
- Lightly grease 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange salmon in prepared dish, skin side down.
- Press breadcrumb mixture onto fish.
- Bake salmon until cooked through and golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- Using large spatula as aid, transfer salmon fillets to platter.
- Serve, passing the following mustard sauce separately.
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- Combine Mustard Sauce ingredients, mix with whisk in bowl and serve with prepared salmon.