Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the *Dinner Party* cookbook of the Australian Women's Weekly cookbook series, this is a new, easy-to-fix & flavorful way to serve a potato side-dish. I usually do not serve a new dish to guests, but we had unexpected company for dinner the nite I 1st made these potatoes. Our guest devoured 3 helpings & DH 2 had helpings. Icelanders revere their potatoes, so my trial proved my view that these are very good! *Enjoy*
- 6 large potatoes (3 lbs, washed & left unpeeled)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed & finely minced)
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning (I use McCormick Classic Herbs)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 425°F & cut potatoes into 3/4-in chunks.
- Heat oil in a lrg baking dish. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, mustard seeds, dry mustard + herbs & stir to combine.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, add olives & stir to combine.
- Bake a further 30 min (uncovered) or till potatoes are fork-tender, brown & crisp.
- NOTES: Recipe noted this was best made close to serving time & was not suitable for freezing. While the recipe does not suggest this, I found it best to stir the potatoes at 15 min into ea of the 30 min cooking times to keep the ingredients well-mixed & the potatoes browning evenly.
Great recipe. I did omit the mustard since I did not have them. Made for your win for the Foot Ball Pool 2010 week 12
These are excellent potatoes. I love mustard and pairing it with potatoes is a great idea, the flavors in this dish really worked for me. I had to use yellow mustard seeds since I could not find the black, I think it would be even better with the black mustard seeds.