Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from "The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook." "These mustard-baked eggs are extremely easy to prepare and can give a special flair to breakfast with nothing more than a touch of mustard and some cheese and cream. You'll want to make this dish often--and not necessarily just for breakfast.
- 1⁄2 ounce grated parmesan cheese (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons light cream or 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste (use sparingly)
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter or oil two 4" ovenproof ramekins or bowls.
- Mix together the cheese, cream, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Crack two eggs into each ramekin. Pierce yolks with a toothpick. Bake eggs for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon the cheese-mustard mixture over each egg. Return to oven and bake another 5-6 minutes until the eggs are done and the cheese has melted.
- Variation: Microwaved.
- Cover ramekins with waxed paper. Cook eggs for 2 minutes in microwave on high. Add cheese-mustard mixture. Cook for about 1 minute longer on high. (These times are approximate, since microwave ovens vary.).
Very delicious! I love baked eggs, and the Dijon mustard sauce on top was great!
I've never made mustard eggs before and these were tasty! I made the microwaved version. Great for a quick meal with a side of potatoes and toast.
A nice change for eggs. I got up early and surprised everyone for breakfast! Cooking time was a bit longer as I used an 8x8 glass dish.