Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Your kids will head straight for the kitchen with these babies baking in the oven. Guranteed!
- 120 ml sour cream
- 2 medium chicken breasts, cut into portions
- 60 ml prepared English mustard
- 175 ml corn flakes, finely crumbed (bread crumbs OK)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- cayenne pepper
- 60 ml butter
- Combine the soured cream and mustard in a small bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix the crumbed cornflakes, herbs and seasonings.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the mustard mixture.
- Roll the chicken in the crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken pieces in a single layer in a large, shallow baking dish and drizzle melted butter over each piece.
- Bake at 190°C for one hour, or until the chicken is golden brown and juices run clear when tested with a skewer.
Very tasty chicken. I used skinless breasts and left out the butter and just sprayed with olive oil instead. This turned out fine and everyone liked it.
So... good. I didn't know what english mustard was, so I used some dijon and some french's mustard. No fresh thyme, so I substituted ground. Very very good, this will certainly be a keeper. Thanks for sharing. Maryanne
We left the butter off too. I also used parmesan cheese in place of half the corn flake crumbs to cut down on the carbs. We enjoyed this. Good crispy coating and a moist inside. Only needed to bake mine about 45 minutes.