Jan in Lanark's Note:
Made these last night and they were incredible -adapted from a local paper. We are lucky enough to be able to get a whole lamb from my BIL every summer- makes all the difference if you're able to buy local lamb. Served it with a couscous salad with mint. Yum! Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard or 1/2 cup old style mustard
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs leg of lamb or 2 lbs lamb shoulder, cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- bamboo skewer, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1Combine mustard, vinegar, garlic, rosemary and olive oil in a food processor and mix well.
- 2Place lamb in a resealable plastic bag and add marinade.
- 3Marinate at least 6 hours, but overnight is better.
- 4Remove meat from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Thread meat onto skewers.
- 6Brush grilling rack on BBQ with vegetable oil.
- 7Grill kebabs over medium high heat for about 10 minutes until brown on outside and pink in the middle, turning and basting with lemon juice.
- 8Remove from grill and cover with foil for a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mustard and Rosemary Lamb Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.9
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 483.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 43.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: