Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made these last night and they were incredible -adapted from a local paper. We are lucky enough to be able to get a whole lamb from my BIL every summer- makes all the difference if you're able to buy local lamb. Served it with a couscous salad with mint. Yum! Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard or 1⁄2 cup old style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs leg of lamb or 2 lbs lamb shoulder, cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- bamboo skewer, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Combine mustard, vinegar, garlic, rosemary and olive oil in a food processor and mix well.
- Place lamb in a resealable plastic bag and add marinade.
- Marinate at least 6 hours, but overnight is better.
- Remove meat from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Thread meat onto skewers.
- Brush grilling rack on BBQ with vegetable oil.
- Grill kebabs over medium high heat for about 10 minutes until brown on outside and pink in the middle, turning and basting with lemon juice.
- Remove from grill and cover with foil for a few minutes before serving.