Recipe by Pets'R'us
A ouick, simple but tasty recipe. They are also good done on the barbeque.
Top Review by JustJanS
We enjoyed this over lamb racks, done in the oven. We spread half over, cooked about half way, then spread the rest and cooked until finished. I halved the mustard, as I have made recipes using lots of it before and found it to be overpowering. 1/4 cup was just right for us-it let the other lovely flavours come through too.
- 12 small lamb loin chops
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 clove crushed garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons light brown sugar or 3 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from lamb chops.
- Mix orange zest, garlic and thyme into a paste.
- Add mustard, brown sugar and olive oil, mix together.
- Preheat grill.
- Brush about half of the mixture onto each side of the chops and grill for about 2 minutes per side.
- Turn and brush he other half of the mixture onto the chops.
- Continue until done, season with salt and pepper and serve.