Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A ouick, simple but tasty recipe. They are also good done on the barbeque.
- 12 small lamb loin chops
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 clove crushed garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons light brown sugar or 3 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim excess fat from lamb chops.
- Mix orange zest, garlic and thyme into a paste.
- Add mustard, brown sugar and olive oil, mix together.
- Preheat grill.
- Brush about half of the mixture onto each side of the chops and grill for about 2 minutes per side.
- Turn and brush he other half of the mixture onto the chops.
- Continue until done, season with salt and pepper and serve.
We enjoyed this over lamb racks, done in the oven. We spread half over, cooked about half way, then spread the rest and cooked until finished. I halved the mustard, as I have made recipes using lots of it before and found it to be overpowering. 1/4 cup was just right for us-it let the other lovely flavours come through too.
This is definitely a keeper for me, loved it and I think it is the orange zest. I always ten to use lemon. I would not change a thing in this recipe, and it is good if you are in a hurry. Would be good on the BBQ to I would think.
Excellent, very easy to put together and tasty lamb chops. Love the flavour of the orange zest in the coating. Thanks for a great recipe!