Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Use any mustard you like for this dish, I often use horseradish, you can replace the honey with maple syrup.
- Peel the parsnips, cut in preferred size and remove the hard core from the center.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook or steam the parsnips for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on their size.
- In the meantime put a roasting tray with the oil in the oven to preheat.
- When the parsnips are cooked add them to the hot tray and brush or coat them with a bit of the hot oil, add the salt and pepper, be careful the tray will be very hot!
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes; mix the mustard and the honey in the meantime.
- Take the parsnips from the oven and brush them with the glaze.
- Roast for another 8 to 10 minutes.
I've never really eaten parsnips before except in soup. I am so glad I tried out this recipe, it's parsnips as a side dish from now on! I first nuked them in the microwave instead of steaming them, and since we love extra sauce for the rice served alongside it, I double the mustard and honey. I really recommend trying this, it's delicious!
Love parsnips and this recipe is exceptional. I often do parsnips with butter, brown sugar and a bit of soy but this recipe is even better. You get a full 5 stars plus my thanks a great way to do parsnips. The only thing I did differently was after cooking the parsnips I put them in a casserole dish drizzled on the mustard/honey &seasoned Then 30 minutes before serving popped them in the oven 350F and had them at the bottom of the oven for the last 15 minutes with the broiler on - they came out golden and so tasty - This goes to the top of my parsnip list. — Oct 18, 2002, 4 members found this helpful Added comments I have made these many times looked at the picture and decided that it did not do the recipe justice have tried to do a better job Thanks again Pets
Our first time ever having parsnips, and were we ever glad to have this recipe! This was delicious. I opted for 2 tablespoons mustard, and that was plenty for us. This made for a delicious side dish for our meal and a keeper for sure! Thanks so much for this recipe!! Dianne