Use any mustard you like for this dish, I often use horseradish, you can replace the honey with maple syrup.
- Peel the parsnips, cut in preferred size and remove the hard core from the center.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook or steam the parsnips for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on their size.
- In the meantime put a roasting tray with the oil in the oven to preheat.
- When the parsnips are cooked add them to the hot tray and brush or coat them with a bit of the hot oil, add the salt and pepper, be careful the tray will be very hot!
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes; mix the mustard and the honey in the meantime.
- Take the parsnips from the oven and brush them with the glaze.
- Roast for another 8 to 10 minutes.